Wednesday, July 18

Wahoo Watermelon

I  absolutely LOVED all the mango and pineapple in the Tone It Up Beach Babe 5 day slim down. But I realized I have been neglecting my favorite summer fruit. . . watermelon!!

To compensate for that I included watermelon in both my breakfast and my lunch today. I had never included watermelon in my smoothies even though I have one for breakfast everyday. Nor had I grilled watermelon (or even heard of such a thing.) So today was not only a day of watermelon, it was a day of firsts.

Grilled Watermelon, Mint and Feta Salad

1 small watermelon cut into 1 inch thick rounds
1/2 cup small mint leaves, torn
2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled into large chunks
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1/4 tsp salt and black pepper

Heat grill or pan over high heat until very hot. Grill watermelon rounds, turning once, until charred (about 2-3 minutes per side). Transfer watemelon to a cutting board and remove ring; cut rounds into wedges
Arrange watermelon on a serving platter, sprinkle with mint and feta. Drizzle with olive oil and vinegar, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.

*You can also serve over a bed of watercress or arugula 

 Watermelon Lime Frosty

3 cups watermelon, frozen
1 ripe banana, frozen
2 tsp agave nectar
Zest from 2 limes
Juice from 2 limtes (about 4 tsp)
1/2 cup water

Wahoo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment