Thursday, June 27

Peach Coconut Smoothie

As you may have suspected if you follow my blog (or by glancing at the huge gap between my fairly regular May posts and the two measly June posts) this month has been crazy!

My new job in advertising has meant long days/weeks and I'm lucky if I get a full night's sleep let alone have a chance to cook dinner. It has also been increasingly difficult to squeeze in my morning workouts (though I often do so at the expense of sleep, hence not getting any!)

Given all this craziness it's more important than ever that I eat healthy and especially that I don't skip breakfast. This smoothie is packed with nutrients and includes enough protein to get me through the morning. It's also perfect for summer weather which has finally arrived in Southern California. Heat wave!!

Ingredients:
1 cup raw spinach
1 cup frozen peaches
1 cup frozen pineapple
1 tsp organic flax seed
1 tbsp dried coconut flakes
1 scoop protein powder
1/2 banana
1 cup almond milk

Directions
Add almond milk, spinach, peaches, banana and pineapple to the blender. Add flax seed, coconut flakes and protein powder. Blend until smooth.

1 comment:

  1. My new job in advertising has meant long days/weeks and I'm lucky if I get a full night's sleep let alone have a chance to cook dinner. coconut water benefits

    ReplyDelete