Monday, October 14

Paleo Pumpkin Smoothie

Smoothies and green juice are two of my favorite things and I try to have one or the other as frequently as possible. It used to be every day when I had a "nice" long commute to work and ate breakfast on the go. Now I live so close to the office that I can ride my bike. And since my company offers a full breakfast spread every morning it's easy to get lazy and leave the cooking to the kitchen staff. (Yes, I realize how spoiled this makes me sound. But man is it nice!)

This morning I decided to finally give this paleo pumpkin smoothie a shot...and I'm glad I did. Depending on the amount of ice and/or sugar you use it can taste just like ice cream. (What better way to begin your Monday morning?) And it fits very nicely with the squash kick I have going.

Ingredients:
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 cup chilled, brewed ginger herbal tea
1/4 cup pasteurized liquid egg white
1/2 small avocado
4 large kale leaves
Crushed ice
Nutmeg
Cinnamon

Directions:
Combine first five ingredients and blend
Add crushed ice
Top with nutmeg and cinnamon to taste

No comments:

Post a Comment