Friday, May 9

Turkey, Pear and Provolone Salad

I know I can get a little fancy with my time consuming recipes. Funny considering how little time I have to cook. But as I know that parents have even less and tend to resort to such things as microwaving "chicken" nuggets I thought I'd throw you a bone :)

Purchasing turkey breast filets will make this recipe even easier so I highly recommend it.

Enjoy!

Ingredients
1 pound turkey tenderloin
  Salt and ground black pepper
1 tablespoon honey mustard
1/4 cup olive oil
2 pears, cored (optional) and sliced
4 slices provolone cheese, halved
5 ounces arugula (8 cups)
2 tablespoons cider vinegar

Directions
Slice turkey crosswise in eight 1-inch slices. Flatten slightly with palm of hand, then season with salt and pepper. Brush with half of the honey mustard.
In a 12-inch skillet heat 2 tablespoons of the oil over medium-high heat. Cook turkey in even layer in hot oil for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Layer pears on turkey; top each with a half-slice of cheese. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until cheese is melted and pears are warm.
Divide arugula among serving dishes; top with turkey slices. For sauce, whisk remaining mustard and oil along with the vinegar into pan juices in skillet; cook for 30 seconds. Drizzle sauce on each serving. Sprinkle with additional pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment