Friday, May 17

Avocado and Tuna Salad

A few months back a visiting colleague and I discovered an amazingly delicious, super healthy eatery in Venice Beach called Lemonade. We made a point to go as often as possible before he was shipped back to the UK and ordered the avocado every time.

I've been a few times since and still order the avocado even when I tell myself I'm going to try something different. Habit? Nostalgia? Or are they just that good?

I discovered the answer to that question last night. They're Just. That. Good. And since avocados are mono unsaturated fat which is "good fat" you dont' have to feel guilty about it.

Enjoy!

Ingredients
1 avocado
1 lemon, juiced, to taste
1 tablespoon chopped onion, to taste
5 ounces canned tuna (salmon, or crab)
salt and pepper to taste

Instructions
Cut the avocado in half and scoop the middle of both avocado halves into a bowl, leaving a shell of avocado flesh about 1/4-inch thick on each half.
Add lemon juice and onion to the avocado in the bowl and mash together. Add tuna, salt and pepper, and stir to combine. Taste and adjust if needed.
Fill avocado shells with tuna salad and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment