Saturday, February 28

Romaine Boats

Work has been absolutely crazy the past couple weeks. From a four day commercial shoot to weeks spent at the editorial and finishing studios I have hardly seen my kitchen. Catered food starts out as a lot of fun. Decadent, delicious and an excuse not to follow my usual healthy routine. But a few days in and I'm DYING to get back to my high protein, low grain, green juice filled diet.

This was one of my first "detox" meals when I emerged from editing. I was so happy to be preparing my own food, especially food that didn't include bread, pasta, and heavy sauces.

Enjoy!

Ingredients: (Serves 4)
2/3 cup red or regular quinoa, rinsed
1 tsp olive oil
1/2 boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into 1/4 in strips
3 green onions, sliced
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1 tsp dried dill (or 2 to 3 tsp chopped fresh dill, plus additional for garnish) 
1/2 tsp each sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
2 cups frozen green peas, thawed
8 romaine leaves
4 radishes, halved and thinly sliced
3 oz goat cheese, crumbled

Directions:
Prepare quinoa according to package directions
Meanwhile, in a large nonstick-skillet, head oil on medium. Add chicken and cook undisturbed for 3 minutes. Stir in onions, lemon juice, dill, salt and pepper and saute, stirring often and breaking up chicken into smaller pieces with spoon, until chicken is cooked through, about 3 more minutes. 
Stir in peas and cook until heated through. Remove from heat and stir in quinoa. Spoon mixture into lettuce leaves and top with radishes and cheese, divine evenly.






No comments:

Post a Comment