Sunday, January 25

Artichokes and Parsley with Quinoa

A friend asked for vegan recipes recently and I realized I don't have many. As I'm *mostly* grain free these days (I qualified this sentence because I somehow came home from the grocery store without quinoa and had to substitute with faro) it's hard to also be meat, dairy and egg free.

However, I enjoy being creative and as I also love vegetables (artichokes being one of my favorites) this was a relatively easy feat.

Happy meatless monday!

1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup chopped spring or sweet onion
1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
1 (9-ounce) package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
1 cup chicken, vegetarian chicken or vegetable broth
1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
1 cup chopped fresh parsley
5 teaspoons grated lemon rind
1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt

Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and thyme; sauté 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Add artichokes; sauté 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Add broth and quinoa; bring to a simmer. Cover and cook 18 minutes or until liquid is completely absorbed.

Remove pan from heat. Stir in parsley, rind, juice, and salt. Serve warm or at room temperature.


No comments:

Post a Comment