Thursday, February 23

Protein-Packed Quinoa Bowl

I'm so glad I discovered this recipe. It's filled with protein and will keep you full (although comfortably so) for hours. It's great for those days you will be stuck in a long afternoon meeting without a chance eat. (I had to force myself to have almonds a few hours later because it was "snack time.")

The sesame ginger dressing is a great choice for the tofu, especially for those who aren't fond of tofu (formerly myself.) Also don't forget to dry-fry to avoid that mushy/slimy texture!


Ingredients:
4-8 oz extra firm tofu
1/2 - 1 cup quinoa
Snap peas (I sub'd edamame left over from the Kale salad)
Grape tomatoes (halved)
Steamed broccoli
Scallions (finely sliced)
Sunflower seeds
Sesame ginger dressing
Sesame Oil

After dry frying tofu place in a ziploc bag with sesame ginger dressing and sesame oil (the proportions are 2 to 1 - the tofu should be completely covered without any remaining glaze.)
Follow quinoa instructions on the box. 1 cup quinoa and 2 cups water will make two servings of this recipe.
Top quinoa with vegetables, sunflower seeds and tofu.
Drizzle a bit more sesame ginger dressing and sesame oil on the finished product. (This is optional. I forgot to bring extra dressing the second day and it was just as good!)

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. This sounds YUMMY! I think my girls would even love it. I just hit print. =)

    Jill

    ReplyDelete