Friday, February 3

Thai for beginners

I have never cared for Thai food much to my boyfriend's dismay. He is convinced, and has been for our entire relationship, that he can find Thai food that I enjoy (although efforts thus far have been futile.)

When Tone It Up posted the below recipe on National Peanut Butter day I decided to give it a shot. Surprisingly I loved it. But even more surprisingly Dave claimed that it's not "really" Thai food (!) Either I still haven't found Thai food I enjoy or his criteria is too strict. In any case I hope you enjoy it and feel free to pair with Peanut Coleslaw as I did.

Ingredients:
4 ox. extra firm tofu (I dry fried mine)
1 tbsp green onions, thinly sliced
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp organic peanut butter
2 tbsp coconut flakes

Directions:
After dry frying tofu and cutting into cubes cook for 5-7 minutes in a large skillet with green onions, olive oil and sesame oil. Add peanut butter and cook for another minute, stirring until tofu is completely covered. Remove from heat. Gently toss with coconut flakes and serve immediately.

2 comments:

  1. I'm new to the TIU nutrition plan and died when I saw this recipe in their plan. It sounded amazing! I plan to make it this week and can.not.wait!

    Liz @ Southern Charm
    http://www.southerncharmnola.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too Liz! I never would have expected peanut butter to be a "diet food" considering the amount of fat. (Of course that's before I learned about good fat;) Try dry frying the tofu. It turns out so much better!

    ReplyDelete