Thursday, April 5

Salmon and Fuji Apple Wrap

I've never been a fan of wraps. I think it's because I like my sandwiches toasted and when you buy a wrap at the grocery store, or even a restaurant, the ingredients have often leaked through the tortilla making it soggy and mushy.

Nevertheless this recipe was tempting as it includes some of my favorite things (Fuji apples and red onions) and not so favorite things (salmon...sigh.) If you follow my blog you know I like to prepare salmon in "creative" ways to mask the fishy flavor. That mission is definitely accomplished here. In addition, if you bring the filling to work in tupperware, and tortilla in aluminum foil, you can make it seconds before you eat it and avoid the mush factor.

Directions:
In a bowl, mix 1 can (5 oz) skinless, boneless wild salmon, 1/4 cup each chopped Fuji apple and chopped celery, 2 tbsp chopped red onion. In another bowl, combine 2 tsp balsamic vinegar, 1 tsp olive oil, 1 tsp honey; season with black pepper; toss with salmon salad. Spread salad on an 8-inch whole-wheat wrap; top with 1/2 cup chopped lettuce; roll up.

No comments:

Post a Comment