Wednesday, September 26

Mu Shu Pork Wraps

This recipe is perfect for those who are living a grain free lifestyle (me, at least until my wedding on Nov. 9th) as well as those who love pork (me again.)

I was able to whip up the filling and leave in the fridge before work, then throw it back on the stove for a few minutes upon arriving home. Although I enjoy the process of cooking dinner I did less snacking in the short amount of time it took "reheat" the filling and toss it into lettuce wraps. I also consumed less wine;)

Ingredients:
1 small head iceberg lettuce
2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
2 tbsp dark sesame oil
1 tsp cornstarch
1 (8 ounce) boneless pork loin, trimmed
1/2 cup carrots, diced
4 mushroom caps, thinly sliced
2 tbsp canola oil
3/4 cup sliced green onions
3 tbsp water
2 tsp minced fresh garlic


Directions:
Combine soy sauce, sesame oil and cornstarch. Cut pork crosswise into 1/4 inche thick slices. Stack several slices vertically; slice into 1/4 inch thick pieces. Repaeat prodcudre with remaining pork. Add pork, carrots and mushrooms to soy sauce mixture; toss.

Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add oil, onions and garlic; saute 30 seconds. Add pork mixture; saute 3 minutes or until done. Place pork mixture in each of 6-8 lettuce cups.

No comments:

Post a Comment